6 Sun Care Tips to Protect Your Skin June 24, 2015 11:51
While enjoying the benefits of Spring and Summer sunshine, be sure to
protect yourself from harmful UVB and UVA light with our top sun care
1. Daily: Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF (30 or higher)
2. Mix a dab of sunscreen (about the size of a quarter) in with Aiona
Alive moisturizer and apply to face, next and decollage. Using Carrot seed oil and coconut oil will create a natural SPF of 40.
3. Top off the sunscreen every 2 hours your skin is exposed (more if swimming/sweating)
4. Know your UV index:
- 0-2 minimal
- 3-4 low
- 5-6 moderate
- 7-9 high
- 10+ very high
5. Take extra care when the UV is moderate or higher (use a higher SPF
and/or avoid exposure).
6. For additional protection, wear a wide brim hat & sunglasses to
protect your eyes, ears and neck.