5 Toxic Ingredients to Avoid in Skin Care:
We all know that excess of everything is bad. The same applies to the extensive usage of cosmetics and creams might lead you to several skin allergies and diseases. In order to minimize their manufacturing cost, companies use few harmful substances and chemicals which could lead to many skin problems. So the purpose of this article is to mention 5 toxic ingredients which must be avoided in order to save yourself from skin issues.
1. Parabens: The 1st entrant to our list is a group of chemicals known as “Parabens”. They are generally used in moisturizers and other makeup products. They are used for fragrance, preservation and few more purposes. Propyl-paraben, Isobutyl-paraben, Butyl-paraben and few more are part of this family. They are similar to a hormone, Estrogen which is a female sex hormone. Its traces have been found when experiments are done on patients suffering from Breast Cancer. Furthermore, they can penetrate easily into our skin.
2. Synthetic Colors: You might have seen FD&C or D&C on the ingredient section of few cosmetics. They are used as synthetic colors to give color to that particular cosmetic but when tested, they are found to be Carcinogen. They can cause skin irritations and lead you to few other allergies. The European Union has banned its usage in Europe.
3. Phthalates: All over the world in cosmetic industry, they are used to provide the soft touch to the cosmetic product. They are used to give the feel of smoothness. But when they were chemically analyzed, it was found that they contain those elements which could lead to the Breast Cancer. Furthermore, it could inhibit the breast development in girls and sometimes it could also cause reproductive disorders in both males and females.
4. Formaldehyde-Releasing Preservatives: Formaldehyde-Releasing Preservatives” are used in several moisturizers available in the market. They are used as a preservative in a variety of cosmetics. When consumed at a small level, they are not dangerous but could be a Human Carcinogen if your skin and body are exposed to a huge quantity.
5. Toluene: the Last member of our list is Toluene which is used as a thinner in the paint industry. Unfortunately, it’s been widely used in cosmetic industry as well. Generally, it’s the part of the hidden secret formula of that particular manufacturer but its effects on the human body are not good. It could cause respiratory disorders, nausea, and skin disorders as well. It’s also linked to immune system weakness as well as it could cause damages to the fetus inside the womb of expecting mothers.